Both hair loss and hair transplants are topics that raise many questions among people. In this article we'll give you the answer to the most frequent ones:
- Which are the different hair transplant techniques currently available?
– There are two techniques. On one hand, the "strip" or FUT technique. This technique consists in taking a strip of the scalp and reimplanting it in the areas with less hair, and it is done under local anaesthesia.
– The FUE technique, on the other hand, consists in extracting individual follicular units. This technique does not leave any signs and patient recovery is faster.
- What shall I do if I start losing hair?
When you experience the first signs of baldness, the first you have to do is attend your hair specialist. It is important to contact a professional devoted to hair loss research.
- Which are the most important signs of hair loss?
You should pay special attention to the size of the hair you are losing. If its calibre is smaller and smaller, then it is time to check with your MD.
- Can I lose the transplanted hair?
No. Hair transplants are permanent, and you can have them cut or dyed. However, you may still lose your hair in other scalp areas if not treated properly.
- Which is the estimated recovery time after a hair transplant?
Although the recovery is almost immediate, it depends on the technique used. The FUE technique requires a 3-day leave before going back to work. If you use the strip technique, however, you will be able to go back to work immediately if you work in a quiet working environment, such as an office.